Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sally Hansen Gem Crush

Hello everyone!  I hope all has been well with you guys!  Today I have three blends from the Gem Crush series by Sally Hansen to share with you.  Sometime I like to give my nails a color break due to staining and the best solution for me is glitter bombs.  The Gem Crush series is the most readily available glitter bombs I could think of that anyone can get.  Now todays post will be a little photo heavy since I am sharing three at one time.  I hope you enjoy all the glitter goodness!

First up I am going to share with you Bejeweled.  Bejeweled is a fine purple glitter with some large pinkish purple glitter.  In the photos I used three coats with no undies.  Application was flawless and super sparkly!  Also don't forget the Elmer's glue for the base coat, these are nightmare to remove!

Bejeweled

Close Up of Bejeweled

I love this color!

I forgot to take pics so this was after two days of wear.  You can see wear the polish has shifted due to the glue base coat. Ooops!

This one was the least extreme on the glitter sparkle.

Next is Glitz Gal and was the first one I had bought in the series.  Glitz Gal is a charcoal black glitter with larger holographic silver glitter.  I only had to use two coats of this one to get good coverage.  Again application was great.

Glitz Gal

Close Up of Glitz Gal

I really like the charcoal color with the flash of holo!


This one as a little more sparkle than the first one due to the holographic glitter.

Lastly is Blingtastic.  This one is almost ridiculous when it comes to sparkle.  It was pretty extreme and I caught me self looking at my nails a little too much.  Blingtastic is a bright blue glitter with much larger silver hexes.  I used three coats on this one and got pretty good coverage.  If you look real close you can see me nail bed but in person the shine made it invisible. 


Blingtastic

Close up of Blingtastic 

I love this color! Surprised?

You can really see all that glitter piled up!


Three amazing glitter bombs!  Each one I had to use two coats of Gelous and my fast dry top coat to get a smooth finish.  This stuff is gritty!  So what do you guys think?  Too much?  I may try to pick up some more from this series to show you guys so keep an eye out.  Thanks for stopping by today and look forward to seeing everyone real soon! 

2 comments:

  1. I have and LOVE all 3 of these but I always do 1 coat over matching undies because after 2-3 coats of the glitter plus Gelous plus a coat or two of Seche my nails are WAY too thick for my liking!
    Beautiful swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it was all dry it wasn't too bad on thickness but I understand exactly what you are talking about. <3

      Delete