Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Go Pink On Wednesday

Hello everyone! I hope all has been well with you guys. Today I have another set of pink nails for you guys. Today I have went with L'Oreal Penthouse Pink and Rainbow Honey Pinkie Promise. First up is Penthouse Pink.

I bought Penthouse Pink back before Easter for a good pastel pink. The color is exactly that and application is okay. Nothing special but a great base.

Penthouse Pink


Two coats gets a good even coverage.



Next up is Rainbow Honey's Pinkie Promise. I saw tons of hype about this brand and lots of people lusting after this blend so I had to give it a try. I purchased it second hand, it had been used once for swatching and this is a mini bottle. That being said, I HATE this bottle! I wouldn't recommend purchasing the mini form. To me it was a real pain to get enough polish on the brush to do one nail  I had to tip the bottle over every time to get the smallest amount on there  The formula was okay and glitter coverage was great.  


You can see the bottle is almost full and was still a nightmare to work with.

This is packed with glitter though.
This was one coat of Pinkie Promise.


This really just reminds me of a 6 years olds princess birthday party.

I was somewhat let down with the Pinkie Promise, I guess the hype had me expecting something amazing. If you like pink and lots of glitter then I say go for it, just buy the full size bottle. I look forward to trying out the 20% Cooler since blue is my favorite color.  

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow I have Different Dimensions tomorrow..... I finally got Horde! Good night!





2 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty mani (which is good considering all your trouble!!)! I only bought a few mini indies once and I will never do it again, even with the regular mini bottles the brushes are just too small to get enough polish, glitter, etc. Maybe you could decant this into another bottle for use in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end result were pretty but man was it frustrating to get to. I agree on the mini deal, those tiny brushes are a pain sometimes. I like to get my eyes really close when I paint and the stupid handles alway seem to block my view...lol first world problems. I may try putting into an old Julep bottle I have laying around, slender enough so the mini will fill it better and I can get more on the brush.

      Delete