Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Julep Maven Box

It's that time of month again for my Julep Maven box.  I really look forward to picking my box every month and trying out some new products and this month did not disappoint.  Getting ready for the fall months the colors seemed to be a little darker this month which is a refreshing change.  Don't get me wrong, I love the bright summer colors but I am looking forward to the more cozy months ahead.  This months box was inspired by Trina Turk, I have no clue who that is but I'll go with it.  I chose the Boho Glam box this month mostly for the blue color and secondly for the brown mascara.  So on to the goodies.

This month included Popova, Gunta, and some lengthening mascara.

First up from the box is Popova.  This ended up being a very pretty green color.  The color isn't too dark and certainly makes me look forward to Christmas time.  The color on its own is kinda boring to me but feel it will make for an awesome undie for a few glitter top coats I have.   

Popova

This was a good even two coat polish.  

I am looking forward to pairing this with Hero of Time from Dollish Polish.

Next up is Gunta, the biggest reason for picking this box.  I love this color.  It is a rich creamy blue with a hint of purple.  Very nice color on its own and really pops!  Added bonus, one coat! One coaters are hard to find but I seem to experience this a lot with the Julep blends.

Gunta

Such a lovely color.  Glad I went with this box.

Again this is only one coat.  Great coverage.

Last up is the mascara.  This one was a big surprise to me.  I have thin, short lashes and have been wanting a good lengthening mascara but also one that doesn't clump too much.  I tend to lean towards the more natural look and this one is perfect for that.  

Espresso Brwon

Look at all those little fingers!

This is awkward but the best way to show the difference between with and without.

So there you go, a good solid box this month.  I am pretty happy with my monthly Julep box and will certainly carry on to next month.  If this program seems like something you would be interested in be sure to check it out.  Good polish and the added bonus every month is a great way to try out new stuff.  Don't forget to enter my giveaway, only a few more days!  Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you next time.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment